This Corn Casserole is really fast to make with cornbread mix, creamed corn, and of course, butter.
Serve this side dish at any holiday table, is perfect for Thanksgiving, Easter, or for Sunday supper!
An Easy Side Dish
If you haven’t had cream corn casserole before, it’s a must-try. There’s a good reason it makes an appearance at every Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas dinner!
- Needs just a few of ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare.
- Can be made ahead of time in just one bowl.
- Doubles well to feed a crowd.
Ingredients for Corn Casserole
This Jiffy corn casserole recipe is an easy holiday favorite, simply stir and bake.
- Cornbread Mix – A box of Jiffy corn muffin mix is the perfect base for a fluffy easy corn casserole. You’ll need an 8.5 oz box for this recipe. Replace a box of Jiffy Mix with homemade jiffy mix.
- Butter & Sour Cream – Melted butter adds richness and flavor, while sour cream is added for moisture.
- Corn – Cream-style corn adds sweetness, while whole kernel corn adds texture. Canned, fresh, or frozen corn kernels will work.
- Eggs – Eggs help hold it all together.
There are lots of different add-ins that can be added to this Jiffy corn casserole recipe, try the following:
- Onions (or green onions)
- Cheddar cheese
- Fresh herbs
How to Make Corn Casserole (overview)
- Whisk the ingredients in a medium bowl (per the recipe below).
- Pour into a baking dish.
- Bake it for about 45-55 minutes or until golden brown (this recipe can be baked in a toaster oven as well).
I like to add a little butter on top as it comes out of the oven.
To Make Ahead
This easy corn casserole recipe is great for busy holidays as it can be made ahead of time and heated just before serving.
Make Ahead – To make ahead, bake as directed and cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Reheat Before Serving – To reheat, allow the casserole dish to sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
To Freeze – Bake the casserole as directed and cool completely. Wrap tightly and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and warm in the oven before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Did you enjoy this Corn Casserole? Be sure to leave a comment and a rating below!
Easy Corn Casserole
Jiffy Corn Casserole is a simple side with a sweet corn flavor.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 2 qt casserole dish and set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, eggs, corn muffin mix, corn kernels, creamed corn, and sour cream. Stir to combine.
Spread the batter in the prepared baking dish.
Bake 45-55 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2 tablespoons minced onion, green onion, or Jalapeno.
- crumbled bacon or bacon bits
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
Make Ahead – After baking and cooling, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Reheat Before Serving – When you’re ready to serve, let the casserole sit at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Then, bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes or until it’s heated through.
Calories: 371 | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 67mg | Sodium: 550mg | Potassium: 250mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 744IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 1mg
Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on cooking methods and brands of ingredients used.
© SpendWithPennies.com. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited. Please view my photo use policy here.